The dark fantasy anime ‘Ragna Crimson is set to be released in Japan on October 1, 2023, by the Japanese animation studio Silver Link. Sentai Filmworks previously acquired the license to distribute it in the United States and has now revealed the release date for its North American debut on the HiDive streaming service.
“The Fall 2023 anime season has a bunch of must-watch anime, so let us take a moment of silence for our poor, unfortunate watchlists. Done? Great! Among these must-watches is the highly anticipated Ragna Crimson, which premieres on HIDIVE Saturday, September 30, 2023,” HiDive said on their website.
‘Ragna Crimson’ is based on the manga created by Daiki Kobayashi and published by Square Enix.
You can watch the trailer below:
The anime’s cast list has been revealed:
- Ragna voiced by: Chiaki Kobayashi (Sk8 The Infinity)
- Future Ragna voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna (Dragon Quest)
- Crimson voiced by: Ayumu Murase (Fairy Tail)
- Leonica voiced by: Inori Minase (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
- Ultimatia voiced by: Reina Ueda (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Grymwelte voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
- Disas Trois voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Temruogtaf voiced by: Kōzō Shioy (Slam Dunk)
- Michael voiced by: Yoshihito Sasaki (Fate/Zero)
- King Femud voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama (Transformers: Robots in Disguise)
AniList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Dragons reign terror over the earth, sea, and sky. If sworn dragon hunters like Ragna are to have any hope of dealing death to these seemingly invincible, fire-breathing beasts, they must find a way to level the odds. Ragna teams up with a mysterious man named Crimson who has likewise sworn to stand against the dragons menacing the world. But although Crimson’s motivations may be mysterious, his goal and Ragna’s are perfectly aligned, and together they’ll fight to vanquish the dragons once and for all.”
The music for the anime is composed by Kōji Fujimoto and Osamu Sasaki.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.