‘A Couple of Cuckoos’ is a romantic comedy manga created by Miki Yoshikawa in 2020 and published through Kodansha in Japan and in North America. The Japanese production companies Shin-Ei Animation and SynergySP collaborated to produce an anime that was released in 2022 with Crunchyroll announcing that they had acquired the license to produce an English dub version of the show.
They list the voice cast on their website:
- Nicholas Andrew Louie (Dawner the Hero in Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle) as Nagi Umino
- Lindsay Sheppard (Yulia in Mieruko-chan) as Erika Amano
- AmaLee (Marin in My Dress-Up Darling) as Hiro Segawa
- Bryn Apprill (Kotori in Date A Live) as Sachi Umino
- Marissa Lenti (Yuna in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear) as Namie Umino
- Gianni Matragrano (Leo in Arte) as Yohei Umino
- David J. Dixon as Soichiro Amano
- Monica Rial (Uzaki in Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!) as Ritsuko Amano
- Shawn Gann (Doc in RADIANT) as Shibata
Alexis Tipton is serving as ADR Director with Marissa Lenti and Mike Haimoto working as Assistant ADR directors.
The anime is directed by Hiroaki Akagi and Yoshiyuki Shirahata.
You can watch this clip from the dub below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“16-year-old super-studier Nagi Umino, second-year student at the Meguro River Academy high school, was switched at birth. On his way to a dinner to meet his birth parents, he accidentally meets the brash, outspoken, Erika Amano, who is determined to make Nagi her fake boyfriend as she never wants to actually marry. But once Nagi makes it to dinner, he finds his parents have decided to resolve the hospital switch by conveniently having him marry the daughter his birth parents raised…who turns out to be none other than Erika herself!”
Yasuhiro Nakanishi works as the writer for the anime rom-com with Rei Ishizuka handling the music.
There are twelve volumes of the manga released by Kodansha with seven being released in English, as of the writing of this article.