As the comedy anime ‘Bofuri: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense’ enters its second season, Crunchyroll has announced they will produce an English dub.
The show is produced by Silver Link, directed by Shin Oonuma, and based on a comedy light novel series written by Yuumikan and illustrated by Koin.
Crunchyroll revealed the cast list on their website:
- Kaede / Maple voiced by Megan Shipman (Anya in SPY x FAMILY)
- Risa / Sally voiced by Jad Saxton (Misuzu in Tomo-chan Is a Girl!)
- Kasumi voiced by Tia Ballard (Chiho in The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
- Kanade voiced by Brittney Karbowski (Nanachi in Made in Abyss)
- May voiced by Sara Ragsdale (Riko in Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid)
- Yui voiced by Kristen McGuire (Fuyutsuki in The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague)
- Kuromu voiced by Anthony Bowling (Franky in SPY x FAMILY)
- Iz voiced by Caitlin Glass (Ariane in Skeleton Knight in Another World)
- Payne voiced by Clifford Chapin (Claude in I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss)
- Dread voiced by Mike McFarland (Jean in Attack on Titan)
- Frederica voiced by Lindsay Seidel (Desumi in Love After World Domination)
- Drag voiced by Jarrod Greene (Arai in Chainsaw Man)
- Mii voiced by Terri Doty (Minare in Wave, Listen to Me!)
- Shin voiced by Derick Snow (Ego in BLUELOCK)
- Markus voiced by Aaron Dismuke (Senku in Dr. STONE)
- Misery voiced by Morgan Lauré (Hime in Kakushigoto)
- Syrup voiced by Natalie Rose (Aku in Demon Lord, Retry!)
- Oboro voiced by Samantha Herek (Hilda in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Dorazou voiced by Monica Rial (Asirpa in Golden Kamuy)
Natalie Rose works on the project as the ADR Director.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“After an enthusiastic invitation from her friend, Kaede Honjou reluctantly agrees to try New World Online: a very popular VRMMO played by thousands of people across Japan. Naming her in-game character Maple, she sets out on her journey. As a complete novice to such games, she allocates all of her stat points into vitality, desiring to not get hurt. With not a single point in any other stat, Maple has extraordinarily high defense, but she can’t move quickly or hit hard.
This doesn’t end badly for her, however. Due to her high defense, Maple acquires overpowered skills such as Total Defense, Poison Immunity, and Devour. These skills, along with the incredibly powerful items she obtains, allow her to obliterate most enemies in a single hit. After only a few days of playing the game, Maple claims third place in a server-wide event, gaining a reputation as a player who is both unkillable and absurdly powerful.
Despite her overpowered character, Kaede has much to learn. As she progresses through the game, she meets new friends and acquaintances, helping her complete new levels and events. Through all of her adventures, she may even pick up some other crazy skills that exceed all expectations.”
The light novels received a manga edition from Kadokawa Shoten and illustrated by Jirō Oimoto since 2018. The light novels are published by Fujimi Shobo.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.