Mezco is digging up Nosferatu and giving him a little makeover. Count Orlok had a previous release in the One:12 Collective figures, donning his typical black eyes and pale skin. This time, however, the legendary vampire is seeing red, literally.
The company is paying homage to a time just before Mezco existed. Back when Aztech Toyz was the new kid on the block, changing the collectibles market just as MacFarlane Toys did in the mid-’90s.
Nosferatu is priced at $95 and will be crawling out of his coffin in the first quarter of this year. Unfortunately, the original release of this creature of the night has been sold out for a while.
The One:12 Collective Nosferatu returns with hellhounds, plague ridden rodents, and an unquenchable bloodlust. He wears a frock coat, tights, and leather-like shoes underneath his removable cloak-cape with detachable “Coachman’s collar” and cap from the 1922 silent film. The Count also features three nightmare-inducing head portraits capturing his inhuman visage.
The vampire’s features and accessories include:
- One:12 Collective body with over 20 points of articulation
- Three (3) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Seven (7) interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of holding hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of grabbing hands (L&R)
- One (1) pointing hand (L)
- Coachman’s hat (removable)
- Cloak cape with detachable Coachman’s collar (removable)
- Frock coat
- Shirt and tights
- Hanker-tie neck wrap
- Leather-like shoes
- One (1) lantern
- One (1) eerie mist FX
- Two (2) wolves
- Three (3) bats
- Six (6) rats
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Mezco is no stranger to this classic depiction of the vampire. During the Aztech Toyz days before Mezco was created, the company produced a line of toys based on early horror icons. These included Count Orlok, Renfield, Cesare, and Dr. Caligari. The figures were highly detailed and very stylized. I hope Mezco brings back a few of these characters for the One:12 Collective.
What do you think of this variant of Nosferatu? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.