The thing that saved Star Trek: The Next Generation is here! Locutus of Borg was the highlight of the early seasons of the relaunched series. Those first two seasons were a bit rough and sort of uninteresting. Then along came the Borg and the possibility that Riker may have to kill Picard, and suddenly many of us were glued to the TV. The effects of that episode would follow Captain Picard through the rest of the series and into the movies. Now, we can own a 1/6 scale replica of Locutus thanks to EXO-6.
Locutus is highly detailed, right down to the red light on the side of his face. The assimilated Captain is priced at $245, plus $25 shipping. Pre-orders are being taken now until October 3rd, 2022.
This one sixth scale museum grade figure re-creates the remorseless Borg from the classic Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “Best of Both Worlds, Part II” in exquisite detail. Standing approximately 12 inches tall, every element is reproduced as accurately as possible. The original portrait sculpt of Patrick Stewart reflects the stoic Borg expression and has a battery-operated red LED light in his head to simulate the Borg laser (not available in Australia, requires two (2) AG10/LR1130 cell batteries not included).
Locutus comes with the following features and accessories:
- Articulated Body: More than 30 points of articulation allow the figure to be displayed in multiple poses, approximately 30 cm tall. Note – articulation limited by armor, no not attempt any extreme poses.
- A mechanical appendage with articulated hooks and levers terminates his right arm. An additional grasping left hand is also included.
- Realistic Portrait: Locutus’s emotionless expression shows no feeling for his fellows in Starfleet. Lovingly rendered by a top artist, this excellent likeness of Patrick Stewart as Locutus is specially hand-painted. Locutus’s laser is simulated by a red LED light in the head (Requires two (2) AG10/LR1130 cell batteries-not included).
- Costume: The spokesman for the Borg wears a black body suit styled after the original costume. Over 30 armor pieces are attached, and specially designed tubing snakes around the entire body.
- Display Base: A hexagonal display base will provide additional support for the figure.
In other news, EXO-6 is preparing for the next wave of figures and is an excellent accessory. What would Locutus or Seven of Nine be without a Borg Regeneration Alcove? The company teased an image of the device today but gave very few details. We’re not sure if the Spencer’s Gifts electro light thing will be functional, but it would be awesome if it were! Also mentioned was that EXO-6 will be tackling figures based on the screw of the U.S.S. Enterprise, as we saw in Star Trek: The Motion Picture! Check out the images below!
What do you think of EXO-6’s line of figures? Let us know in the comments section.
[Source: EXO-6] [Source: EXO-6]