The dark fantasy manga ‘Ragna Crimson’ from Japanese author and illustrator Daiki Kobayashi is getting an anime adaption. The Tokyo-based Japanese animation studio Silver Link will be producing it with a planned release date of September 30th, 2023.
“Ragna Crimson is being directed by Ken Takahashi (Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya 3rei!! ), with characters drawn by Shimpei Aoki (key animator on Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya), and texts written by Deko Akao (Komi Can’t Communicate),” AnimeMojo said on their website.
Silver Link also revealed the cast for the series:
- Ragna voiced by: Chiaki Kobayashi (Sk8 The Infinity)
- Future Ragna voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna (Dragon Quest)
- Crimson voiced by: Ayumu Murase (Fairy Tail)
- Leonica voiced by: Inori Minase (Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai)
- Ultimatia voiced by: Reina Ueda (Tokyo Ghoul)
- Grymwelte voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
- Disas Trois voiced by: Shunsuke Takeuchi (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
- Temruogtaf voiced by: Kōzō Shioy (Slam Dunk)
- Michael voiced by: Yoshihito Sasaki (Fate/Zero)
- King Femud voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama (Transformers: Robots in Disguise)
You can watch the trailer below:
Square Enix serializes the manga in their ‘Monthly Gangan Joker’ and also publishes an English version in the United States. It first began publication in March 2017.
TV Tropes describes the synopsis as follows,
“The story follows Ragna, who is a dragon hunter along with his partner, the strongest dragon hunter Leo. He didn’t have much talent at hunting dragons but he had decided to entrust his whole life for her. However he was shown the feel of true despair by his future self on what would happen if he stays weak as he is now. With that, it seems that the reaper of the dragons had now appeared earlier than the original history, but will it be enough to change the future?”
Sentai Filmworks announced at the Anime Expo 2022 that they had licensed the anime for release in the United States.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.