Originally released as a web novel in 2019, ‘Apparently, Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World’ is a fantasy light novel written by Shinta Fuji, illustrated by Susumu Kuroi, and published by Media Factory. In 2023, the Japanese animation studios Geek Toys and Seven released an anime adaption directed by Itsuki Imazaki with the title ‘Ningen Fushin: Adventurers Who Don’t Believe in Humanity Will Save the World.’
Crunchyroll announced that they had picked up the series for release in the United States and that they would produce an English dub.
They revealed the cast on their website:
- Nick voiced by Kieran Flitton (Kyle in I’m the Villainess, So I’m Taming the Final Boss)
- Curran voiced by Brittney Karbowski (Grimm in Combatants Will Be Dispatched!)
- Tiana voiced by Christina Kelly (Alpha in The Eminence in Shadow)
- Zem voiced by Landon McDonald (Enmu in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba)
- Agate voiced by Kelsey Maher (Leane in Beast Tamer)
- Kizuna (Narrator) voiced by Philip Weber (Sengoku in One Piece)
- Claudine voiced by Kristen McGuire (Milim in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Leon voiced by William Ofoegbu
- Argas voiced by Mike Smith (Cucuruz in Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan’s Island)
- Velokkio voiced by Mark Allen Jr. (Seiichi in The Fruit of Evolution)
- Alex voiced by James Cheek (Cheng Hua in Heaven Official’s Blessing)
- Lynn voiced by Natalie Rose (Lily in Recovery of an MMO Junkie)
- Miril voiced by Lara Woodhull (Ayanami in AZUR LANE)
- Velkia voiced by Cassie Ewulu (Akira in Kemono Jihen)
Jerry Jewell joined the project as the ADR Director.
You can watch this clip below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Veteran adventurer Nick, mage Tiana, cleric Zem, and half-dragon Curran each show up alone at a tavern, only to find themselves seated at the same table. As the night goes on, they take turns divulging their grievances and the hobbies they have taken up as a means of coping. While their stories are utterly different, there is one common thread: betrayal. Each of the four, having been bitterly betrayed by someone they treasured, has developed a deep-seated distrust of humanity.
But in addition to their similar worldviews, the four have one more commonality: a critical lack of funds. Realizing that things cannot continue as they are, they decide to form a party, rank up, and make as much money as possible to spend on their respective hobbies. What these disillusioned adventurers do not know, however, is that they will one day save the world from unfathomable peril.”
Kadokawa Shoten releases a manga version illustrated by Masaki Kawakami. Yen Press releases the light novels and manga in the United States.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.