‘Beast Tamer’ is a light novel written by Suzu Miyama, illustrated by Hotosoka, and published by Kodansha who picked it up in 2019 after it having a run as a web novel. EMT Squared premiered an anime adaption in Fall 2022 directed by Atsushi Nigorikawa with character designs done by Shuuhei Yamamoto. Crunchyroll has acquired the license to produced an English version of the show.
They revealed the cast list on their website:
- Kevin D. Thelwell (Naoya in Girlfriend, Girlfriend) as Rein
- Jalitza Delgado (Saria in The Fruit of Evolution) as Kanade
- Molly Searcy (Jeanne in The Case Study of Vanitas) as Tania
- Alejandro Saab (Miyamura in Horimiya) as Arios
- Matthew David Rudd (Rak in Tower of God) as Aggath
- Kelsey Maher (Kayano in Classroom of the Elite) as Leane
- Monet Lerner (Druj in The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated!) as Mina
- Kelly Greenshield (Mylene in Trapped in a Dating Sim) as Natalie
Brianna Roberts, Marianne Bray, Erica Muse, Spencer Liles, and Jordan Dash Cruz will provide additional voices.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Beast Tamer Rein, who uses animals, was a member of the hero’s party. However, since he couldn’t do anything else, he wasn’t able to keep up in battle. ‘You only know how to play with animals. You’re fired.’
Rein is kicked out of the party and now lives freely as an adventurer. On his journey, he meets a girl from a cat tribe, the so-called strongest species. Elsewhere, the hero’s party remains unaware that their previous success was all thanks to Rein… This is the story of a beast tamer no longer held back and his fateful encounter with a precious companion.”
Square Enix produces a manga version of ‘Beast Tamer’ that launched in 2019 and is illustrated by Moto Shigemura.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.