The action-packed anime ‘Revenger’ from the Japanese animation studios Ajia-do Animation Works, Nitroplus, and Shochiku had its premier in January 2023. This first season will consist of twelve episodes with Crunchyroll announcing the production of an English dub.
They announced the cast list on their website:
- Raizo voiced by Aaron Campbell (Gauma in SSSS.DYNAZENON, Perospero in One Piece)
- Yuen voiced by Christopher Wehkamp (Aizawa in My Hero Academia, Fushi in Chainsaw Man)
- Teppa voiced by Gabe Kunda (Kaburagi in DECA-DENCE, Desha in Ranking Of Kings)
- Nio voiced by Hayden Daviau (Rina in Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club)
- Soji voiced by Nazeeh Tarsha (Jude in The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent)
- Matsumine voiced by Jeremy Inman (Obi in Fire Force)
- Hirata voiced by Philip Weber (Grus in ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.)
Cris George is working on the project as the ADR Director with James Cheek handling the English scripts.
You can watch the trailer below:
The animated series is directed by Masaya Fujimori with Gen Urobuchi and Renji Ōki working as the writers. Jun Futamata composed the music for the episodes. Yuji Hosogoe, Yuki Nishioka, and Emiko Endo are working as the chief animation directors with Jiro Suzuki and Yuushi providing the original character designs for the show.
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“As master assassin Usui Yuen looks into a series of assassinations made on the grand samurai clan, the Satsuma, he encounters Kurima Raizo, member and survivor of one of the attacks. Together, they discover the true nature of these murders is bigger than over stolen resources. As they get closer to the truth, will they come out alive to exact revenge?”
Square Enix released a manga adaption of the show written and illustrated by Ryūsei Yamada (Twisted-Wonderland: Anthology Comic). It was serialized in their ‘Monthly GFantasy’ magazine.