Japanese animation studio Lerche is ringing the bell for the second season of the school drama anime ‘Classroom of the Elite’ which launched in July 2022. The series is directed by Seiji Kishi, Hiroyuki Hashimoto, and Yoshihito Nishōji, who joined at the launch of the new season.
The streaming service Crunchyroll announced they are producing an English dubbed version of the show. They released the extensive cast for ‘Classroom of the Elite II’ on their website:
- Justin Briner (Deku in My Hero Academia) as Kiyotaka Ayanokoji
- Felecia Angelle (Miku in The Quintessential Quintuplets) as Suzune Horikita
- Natalie Van Sistine (Yor in SPY x FAMILY) will be filling in as a voice match for Episodes 1-2
- Bryn Apprill (Sachi in A Couple of Cuckoos) as Kei Karuizawa
- Eric Vale (Yuki in Fruits Basket) as Kakeru Ryuen
- Sarah Wiedenheft (Tohru in Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid) as Kikyo Kushida
- Dallas Reid (Makoto in TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy-) as Yosuke Hirata
- Kristi Rothrock (Kanon in Love Live! Superstar!!) as Honami Ichinose
- Derick Snow (Shinra in Fire Force) as Tetsuya Hamaguchi
- Jarrod Greene (Moguzo in Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash) as Kohei Katsuragi
- Chris Guerrero (Ains in Overlord) as Koji Machida
- Jamie Marchi (Ristarte in Cautious Hero) as Mio Ibuki
- Molly Searcy (Jeanne in The Case Study of Vanitas) as Shiho Manabe
- Lynsey Hale (Miwa in Barakamon) as Nanami Yabu
- Marisa Duran (Kyoko in Horimiya) as Saki Yamashita
- Brandon McInnis (Milo in Sabikui Bisco) as Ken Sudo
- Travis Mullenix (Saybil in The Dawn of the Witch) as Haruki Yamauchi
- Aaron Dismuke (Senku in Dr. STONE) as Kanji Ike
- Christopher Wehkamp (Ruijerd in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) as Rokusuke Koenji
- Matt Shipman (Reki in SK8 the Infinity) as Hideo Sotomura
- Josh Grelle (Shido in Date A Live) as Teruhiko Yukimura
- Michelle Rojas (Shion in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) as Maya Sato
- Luci Christian (Iroha in My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) as Satsuki Shinohara
- David Matranga (Yuichi in Tomodachi Game) as Manabu Horikita
- Apphia Yu (Rika in Higurashi: When They Cry – GOU) as Akane Tachibana
- Kent Williams (Mao in Darker Than Black) as Tomonari Mashima
- Leah Clark (Toga in My Hero Academia) as Airi Sakura
- Dawn M. Bennett (Neiru in WONDER EGG PRIORITY) as Mei-Yu Wang
Jeremy Inman was announced as the ADR Director with Sara Ragsdale being tapped as assistant ADR Director.
The first season consisted of twelve episodes in 2017.
You can watch this dubbed clip below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Life back on the cruise following the Island Special Examination is anything but smooth sailing. Almost immediately after their return, the first-year students of Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School face yet another special exam, with both class and individual points on the line.
In addition to the complicated ruleset, more issues arise in the form of Kakeru Ryuuen and Kei Karuizawa. Angered by the previous test’s outcome, Ryuuen is dead set on outdoing every class in the new challenge using any means necessary. Meanwhile, Karuizawa, a crucial pillar of Class D, is close to crumbling under the pressure of her past.
The stage is now set for Kiyotaka Ayanokouji to once again—using the full extent of his planning, foresight, and ruthless manipulation—steer Class D to victory as dangerously close enemy forces try to bring it down.”
The ‘Classroom of the Elite’ is based on a series of light novels written by Shōgo Kinugasa and illustrated by Shunsaku Tomose which ran from May 25, 2015, to September 25, 2019, from Media Factory. It would get picked up as a manga, this time illustrated by Yuyu Ichino in 2016.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.