HasLab is having success crowdfunding everything except Star Wars toys lately. The Cobra H.I.S.S. blew through multiple stretch goals; the same can be said about the Proton Pack. And now it appears that even Marvel’s Ghost Rider is proving to be more loved than the Rancor or Reva!
OK, it also helps that this combination of Ghost Rider and the Engine of Vengence looks fantastic. Lots of LED lights, flame effect accessories, and one of the coolest-looking versions of Ghost Rider in twenty years make this a must-back campaign. Others think so, too, since over 3,200 backers have signed on since the campaign kicked off yesterday. The end goal is 9,000 before getting into stretch goal territory, but there are still 44 days to go. The campaign will end, for better or worse, on October 31st at 11:59 PM EST. Early backers who help the campaign reach 9k before September 23rd will receive Robbie Reyes in human form. That’s pretty cool, but what about the stretch goals? Well, those are a mystery for now.
The painful part of all this is the price. $349.99 for a Marvel Legends figure and an 18″ long car. Oof. I cannot deny that the whole thing looks cool, but the price doesn’t match the types of things we’ve seen for Batman and other properties in the past few years. Literally, the toy aisles today are full of toys that capture the same type of features as the Engine of Vengence but for less than one-third the price.
From Carter Slade to Johnny Blaze to Danny Ketch to Robbie Reyes, many names have taken on the Ghost Rider mantle, fueled by vengeance and a sick ride. The next Marvel Legends HasLab project will bring another Ghost Rider to life like never before, starring a vehicle unlike any on your shelf. With Hasbro Pulse, fans can bring the Spirit of Vengeance into our realm — and it won’t even cost you your soul!
If the campaign reaches its funding goal, here’s what’s included:
- Engine of Vengeance vehicle inspired by the supernatural muscle car in Marvel Comics All-New Ghost Rider (2014)
- Premium 1:12 scale car design measuring approximately 18.5 inches long, 7.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall
- Vehicle fully equipped with 20 LEDs for scorching Hellfire light-up effects in tires, engine, grill, tailpipes, and driver’s seat headrest (requires 3 AA batteries, not included)
- 6 flame trail effect pieces for tires and tailpipes
- 2 Brimstone Risers for dynamic car display
- 4 interchangeable tires and 1 additional engine to convert Engine of Vengeance from Hellfire Mode to Street Mode
- Exclusive Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider 6-inch scale figure with comic-inspired accessories, including real metal chain
Let us know below what you think of HasLab’s latest campaign.[Source: HasLab]