A man named Otto Octavius ends up with eight arms? What are the odds? Let’s call him Science Squid! Or better yet, let’s call him Alfred Molina! Nope, not catchy enough. How about Doctor Octopus, the fantastic Hot Toys figure?
Doc Ock returned to the silver screen in Spider-Man: No Way Home, and as to be expected from Hot Toys, there’s a standard and deluxe version of the character. However, the difference is pretty slight between the two. It all comes down to a few additional tentacle parts and $30. Here we’re going to focus on the deluxe Alfred Molina because he is trying to do better.
The deluxe Doc is $360, and the standard version can be picked up for $330. Both are slated for release sometime during the fourth quarter of 2023.
Masterfully crafted based on Doc Ock’s appearance in the movie as portrayed by Alfred Molina, the sixth scale figure features a newly developed head sculpt with incredible likeness; perfectly tailored outfit highlighting authentic details on his belt and coat; bendable tentacles extended from his back with articulated claws, capturing his signature weapons and its mechanical design down to the smallest attention; a pair of goggles, a tentacle spear, and dynamic figure stand.
Here’s everything that comes in the deluxe Otto:
The Doc Ock Sixth Scale Collectible Figure special features:
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- One (1) right hand for holding goggles
- Each head sculpt specially hand-painted
- One (1) dark green colored long coat
- One (1) brown-colored blazer
- One (1) black-colored turtle neck shirt
- One (1) pair of dark grey-colored pants
- One (1) pair of black-colored socks
- One (1) pair of black-colored shoes
- One (1) metallic silver-colored belt
- Four (4) mechanical tentacles (equipped with bendable wire) with two styles of articulated claws
- One (1) tentacle spear (attachable to the upper tentacles)
- One (1) pair of goggles
What are your thoughts on this classic villain’s revival in the MCU? Let us know in the comments section below.
[Source: Sideshow Collectibles]