‘More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers’ also known as ‘Fukomi’ is a romantic comedy manga created by Yūki Kanamaru and published by Kadokawa Shoten. The Japanese animation company Studio Mother picked it for an anime adaption in which Crunchyroll will develop an English dub.
They revealed the cast on their website:
- Lindsay Sheppard (Erika in A Couple of Cuckoos) as Akari
- Ben Balmaceda (Raido in Aharen-san wa Hakarenai) as Jiro
- Macy Anne Johnson (Shikimori in Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie) as Shiori
- Mike Haimoto (Banri in Golden Time) as Minami
- Derick Snow (Shinra in Fire Force) as Kamo
- Molly Zhang (Ena in Laid-Back Camp) as Natsumo
- Corey Pettit (Artoria in The Fruit of Evolution) as Sachi
- Meg McClain (Clarice in Trapped in a Dating Sim) as Mei
Katelyn Barr, Matt David Rudd, Kayla Parker, Danielle Phillips, and Kristian Eros join the cast for additional voices.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList described the synopsis as follows,
“Third-year high school student Jirou Yakuin hoped to partner with Shiori Sakurazaka of the same class in the mandatory “Couple Practical” course. In this practical, students must demonstrate that they have the necessary skillset to live with a partner of the opposite sex while presenting a certain level of harmony to the video surveillance that grades them.
Unfortunately, random chance put his slightly subdued self into the practical with the person polar opposite to him, the gyaru Akari Watanabe. Akari on the other hand hoped to be paired with her crush Minami Tenjin.
Their hopes are doubly dashed when they find out that Shiori and Minami are assigned together. Thus, they reluctantly decide to cooperate to reach the top ten, which would give them the right to exchange partners if both couples agree. To that end, Jirou steals Akari’s first kiss without realizing what he’d done, while giving a hurried good-bye kiss…”
The television show is directed by Takao Kato and Junichi Yamamoto with Chizuru Kobayashi designing the characters.