The Japanese animation studio J.C. Staff launched the fourth season of s It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon,’ also known as ‘DanMachi’ by the fans, in 2022. The series was picked up by Sentai Filmworks for distribution in North America through the HiDive streaming service. It has now been announced that they are developing an English dub.
HiDive announced the casting on their website:
- Bell Cranel – Bryson Baugus
- Hestia – Luci Christian
- Liliruca Arde – Hilary Haag
- Welf Crozzo – David Wald
- Daphne Lauros – Elissa Cuellar
- Cassandra Ilion – Alicia Beard
- Eina Tulle – Shelby Blocker
- Aisha Belka – Joanne Bonasso
- Dormul Bolster – Jack Stansbury
- Luvis Lilix – Camryn Nunley
- Takemikazuchi – Adam Gibbs
- Fels – David Matranga
- Haruhime – Allison Sumrall
- Yamato Mikoto – Margaret Lewis
- Miach – Mike Yager
- Ouka – Jack Ivy
- Hitaki Chigusa – Kara Greenberg
- Hephaistos – Stephanie Wittels
- Naaza Elrisius – Natalie Jones
Kyle Colby Jones is the ADR director for the series who co-writes it with Holly Segarra for the dub.
You can watch the trailer below:
The show is based on the fantasy light novel series created by Fujino Ōmori. Season one was directed by Yoshiki Yamakawa, but Hideki Tachibana took over the anime from season two onward.
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Intrepid adventurer Bell Cranel has leveled up, but he can’t rest on his dungeoneering laurels just yet. The Hestia Familia still has a long way to go before it can stand toe-to-toe with the other Familias of Orario — but before Bell can set out on his next mission, reports of a brutal murder rock the adventuring community! One of Bell’s trusted allies stands accused of the horrible crime, and it’s up to Bell and his friends to clear their name and uncover a nefarious plot brewing in the dungeon’s dark depths.”
The fourth season premiered on July 22, 2022.