The Japanese animation Studio Drive brings us the anime comedy prequel ‘KonoSuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World!’ The series focuses on explosive adventurer Megumin before she met her party in the main ‘KonoSuba’ television show. Crunchyroll has announced that they will stream both the original Japanese voice cast as well as the English dub from Bang! Zoom Studios.
Erica Mendez (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, The Promised Neverland) will reprise her role as Megumin.
The rest of the cast was revealed on Crunchyroll’s website:
- Yunyun voiced by Kayli Mills (Emilia in Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-)
- Pucchin / Hyoizaburo voiced by Joe J. Thomas
- Arnes voiced by Dawn M. Bennett (Neiru in WONDER EGG PRIORITY)
- Yuiyui voiced by Dorothy Fahn (Shuko in Komi Can’t Communicate)
- Arue voiced by Marissa Lenti (Yuna in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear)
- Wolbach / Funifura voiced by Reba Buhr (Main in Ascendance of a Bookworm)
- Komekko voiced by Jackie Lastra (Koguma in Super Cub)
- Dodonko voiced by Ryan Bartley (Ram in Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-)
- Nerimaki voiced by Michelle Marie (Nana in Talentless Nana)
- Poritan voiced by Maureen Price (Anju in 86 EIGHTY-SIX)
- Headmaster voiced by Jason Marnocha (Nanbu in MEGALOBOX)
Chris Cason has been tapped to be the English Voice Director.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Crimson Magic Clan members Megumin and Yunyun are at the top of their class, but they still have a lot to learn. Yunyun’s begun learning advanced magic, but Megumin has gone down a different path-the path of explosion magic! Despite being warned of its limited usefulness, Megumin believes explosion magic is the way for her to become a great, voluptuous wizard, and she won’t be convinced otherwise!”
The anime serves as a prequel to the events of the first season of the comedy ‘KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!’
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.