The Blade Runner franchise is getting an animated spin-off in the form of ‘Blade Runner: Black Lotus,’ a co-production from Alcon Entertainment, Adult Swim, and Crunchyroll. Billed as an anime, the Japanese production company Sola Digital Arts handled most of the animation.
The Anime News Network reports that the showrunners made a huge announcement by revealing the voice cast for the American and Japanese actors. The list includes:
- Jessica Henwick/Arisa Shida as Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose
- Will Yun Lee/Shinshū Fuji as Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles
- Samira Wiley/Takako Honda as Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit
- Brian Cox/Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation
- Wes Bentley/Takehito Koyasu as Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father
- Josh Duhamel/Taiten Kusunoki as Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner
- Peyton List/Yoshiko Sakakibara as Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief
- Stephen Root/Hochu Otsuka as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD
- Barkhad Abdi/Takayuki Kinba as Doc Badger, a black market dealer
- Gregg Henry/Masane Tsukayama as Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production.
- Henry Czerny/Akio Nojima as Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine
- Jason Spisak/Kazuki Yao as Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation
The premise takes place seventeen years before ‘Blade Runner: 2049,’ the sequel to Ridley Scott’s ‘Blade Runner.’ It will feature thirteen episodes and will be directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama. The show is said to feature familiar characters from the first two films and will be set after the animated series ‘Blade Runner: Blackout.’
Canadian media company Corus Entertainment revealed in a press release that they have acquired the distribution rights for the land of the Maple Leaf.