‘Senryuu Shojo’ is a 2016 slice-of-life romantic comedy manga created by Masakuni Igarashi and released by the Tokyo-based publisher Kodansha. In 2019, the Japanese animation studio Connect picked it up as anime and released it under the tile ‘Senryu Girl’ in international markets including the United States. Sentai Filmworks dubbed all thirteen episodes during its initial run.
Fans of the show got some good news when the streaming service HiDive announced that they would be adding the subbed and dubbed version of the series to its streaming library on June 11 where audiences can rewatch the anime.
You can watch this clip from the dub below:
The anime was directed by Masato Jinbo with characters being designed by Maki Hashimoto.
The English voice cast includes:
- Natalie Rial (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate) as Nanako Yukishiro
- Adam Gibbs (Black Clover) as Eiji Busujima
- Allison Sumrall (Chaika – The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle) as Kino Yakobe
- Carli Mosier (Heaven’s Lost Property the Movie: The Angeloid of Clockwork) as Tao Hanaki
- Olivia Swasey (Babylon) as Koto Ōtsuki
- Whitney Rodgers (Dragon Ball Z Kai) as Amane Katagiri
- Hilary Haag (5 Centimeters Per Second) as Hanabi Busujima
- Joanne Bonasso (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) as Chifuyu Yukishiro
- Josh Morrison (Grimoire of Zero) as Yoshihiko Yukishiro
- Kira Vincent-Davis (Farming Life in Another World) as Hiro Yukishiro
Wikipedia describes the synopsis as follows,
“The story focuses on the relationship between Nanako Yukishiro, a girl who only communicates through senryū written on tanzaku, and Eiji Busujima, an ex-delinquent who attempts to write his own senryū. The story follows their different takes on everyday life through their senryu. Most chapters take the form of a collection of yonkomas with a few more traditional pages thrown in; these tell the chapter’s story when read in order.”
The manga was serialized in ‘Weekly Shōnen Magazine’ during its run between 2016 and 2020.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.