Amazon Studios has announced additional cast members for their upcoming season two of ‘The Rings of Power.’ The entertainment company previously announced a batch of new actors for the adaption of author J.R.R. Tolkien’s works, including recasting the character of Ardur for their Prime Video exclusive.
“The Rings of Power, which has been viewed by over 100 million people worldwide and has been an unprecedented global success as the top Original series for Prime Video in every region in its first season, has announced an additional eight new recurring cast members for the forthcoming second season, currently in production in the UK,” they said in a statement.
The new cast members are announced as:
- Oliver Alvin-Wilson (Murder in Provence, The Bay, Wonder Woman 1984, Lovesick)
- Stuart Bowman (Bodyguard, Alex Rider, Man and Witch, The Cursed, Sunset Song)
- Gavi Singh Chera (The Undeclared War, The Lazarus Project, Doctors)
- William Chubb (Vampire Academy, The Sandman, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, House of Cards)
- Kevin Eldon (Shadow and Bone, Trigger Point, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who)
- Will Keen (Borderland, His Dark Materials, The Gold, The Pursuit of Love)
- Selina Lo (Boss Level, Hellraiser)
- Calam Lynch (Bridgerton, Dunkirk, Black Beauty)
Amazon Studios previously announced several other new cast members including Gabriel Akuwudike (Hanna, War of the Worlds, Ridley Road), Yasen ‘Zates’ Atour (The Witcher, Robin Hood, Dark Heart), Ben Daniels (Jupiter’s Legacy, Law & Order: UK, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Amelia Kenworthy (A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Messenger, IRL), Nia Towle (Late, The Ocean at the End of the Lane), and Nicholas Woodeson (The Hustle, Paddington 2, The Danish Girl, Skyfall).
The Urik and Orc leader Adar was previously played by Joseph Mawle (Ripper Street, Waking The Dead, Game of Thrones) who departed the role for other endeavors. He is being replaced by Sam Hazeldine (The Last Duel, The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Mechanic: Resurrection).