‘A Galaxy Next Door’ is a romantic comedy manga created by Gido Amagakure and published by Kodansha since 2020. The Japanese animation studio Asahi Production premiered an anime adaption directed by Ryuichi Kimura in April 2023. Crunchyroll announced that they would stream it in the United States and produce an English dubbed version.
Crunchyroll revealed the cast list on their website:
- Shiori voiced by Katelyn Barr (Natsumi in Date A Live)
- Ichiro voiced by Nazeeh Tarsha (Jude in The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent)
- Chihiro voiced by Meg McClain (Mei in More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.)
- Machi voiced by Kelsey Maher (Agate in Ningen Fushin)
- Fumio voiced by Emily Fajardo (Kousetsu in Shinobi no Ittoki)
- Morikuni voiced by Jack Reeder (Hayato in Skate-Leading Stars)
- Miyako voiced by Natalie Van Sistine (Yor in SPY x FAMILY)
- Takeru voiced by Bruce DuBose (Kaijin in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
- Aya voiced by Laurie Steele (Alvida in One Piece)
Jonathan Rigg joins the project as the ADR Director with Hayden Daviau and Katelyn Barr handling the scripts.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Ever since their father died, Ichirou Kuga has struggled to support his two younger siblings on nothing but a small inheritance and his passion for drawing manga. But it’s becoming harder to keep up with his growing responsibilities and deadlines, especially after his last two assistants quit to follow their dreams. Just as he’s nearing his breaking point, the beautiful and scarily competent Shiori Goshiki applies to become his new assistant. But there’s something almost otherworldly about Goshiki, and soon Kuga finds his reality turned upside down when she suddenly declares them engaged to marry!”
The manga has been developed into a live-action adaption for the NHK television network directed by Yoshihito Okashita, Izuru Kumasaka, and Masayuki Kokuryō.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.