‘The Devil is a Part-Timer’ is a manga series written by Satoshi Wagahara and drawn by Akio Hiiragi for the Japanese publishing company ASCII Media Works that started in February 2012. The series was picked up as an anime by the Tokyo-based animation studio White Fox for a run of thirteen episodes in 2013. Studio 3Hz announced that they are producing a relaunch that premiered in the summer of 2022.
Crunchyroll revealed an English dub cast for the show on their website:
- Josh Grelle (Shido in Date A Live) as Maou
- Felecia Angelle (Miku in The Quintessential Quintuplets) as Emi
- Tia Ballard (Nene in Toilet-bound Hanako-kun) as Chiho
- Anthony Bowling (Franky in SPY x FAMILY) as Alciel
- Aaron Dismuke (Senku in Dr. STONE) as Urushihara
- Alex Moore (Mitsuba in Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign) as Suzuno
- Caitlin Glass (Ariane in Skeleton Knight in Another World) as Kisaki
- Kyle Igneczi (Bisco in Sabikui Bisco) as Sarue
- Sarah Wiedenheft (Suika in Dr. STONE) as Alas Ramus
- Christopher R. Sabat (Despa in Ranking of Kings) as Albert
- Morgan Lauré (Hime in Kakushigoto) as Lailah
- Rachel Thompson (Lilac in Recovery of an MMO Junkie) as Kentaro
- R. Bruce Elliott (Pixis in Attack on Titan) as Narrator
Jeremy Inman works on the project as the ADR Director with Sara Ragsdale working as the Assistant ADR director.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Striking fear into the hearts of mortals, the Demon Lord Satan begins to conquer the land of Ente Isla with his vast demon armies. However, while embarking on this brutal quest to take over the continent, his efforts are foiled by the hero Emilia, forcing Satan to make his swift retreat through a dimensional portal only to land in the human world. Along with his loyal general Alsiel, the demon finds himself stranded in modern-day Tokyo and vows to return and complete his subjugation of Ente Isla—that is, if they can find a way back!
Powerless in a world without magic, Satan assumes the guise of a human named Sadao Maou and begins working at MgRonald’s—a local fast-food restaurant—to make ends meet. He soon realizes that his goal of conquering Ente Isla is just not enough as he grows determined to climb the corporate ladder and become the ruler of Earth, one satisfied customer at a time!
Whether it’s part-time work, household chores, or simply trying to pay the rent on time, Hataraku Maou-sama! presents a hilarious view of the most mundane aspects of everyday life, all through the eyes of a hapless demon lord.”
‘The Devil Is A Part-Timer’ was originally launched as a light novel series published by ASCII Media Works for their ‘Dengeki Bunko’ imprint from February 10, 2011, to August 7, 2020. It featured illustrations by Oniku.