‘Parallel World Pharmacy’ is a medical isekai light novel Liz Takayama published by Media Factory and a manga series by Kadokawa Shoten. The series was picked up by the Japanese animation studio Diomedéa in 2022 for an anime adaption which Crunchyroll grabbed the rights to do the English dub.
They announced the voice cast on their website:
- Morgan Lea (Ranga in The Dungeon of Black Company) as Farma
- Trisha Mellon (Ireena in The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody) as Elen
- Lindsay Seidel (Eris in Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation) as Lotte
- Chris Ryan (Karasumi in Assassination Classroom) as Bruno
- Brianna Roberts (Abra in Smile of the Arsnotoria the Animation) as Béatrice
- Ariel Graham (Samidare in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer) as Blanche
- Lucía Lobosvilla as Chiyu
- Mark Allen Jr. (Seiichi in The Fruit of Evolution) as Kanji Yakutani
- Hope Endrenyi (Maki in Kaguya-sama: Love is War) as Matsumoto
Jerry Jewell was tapped to be ADR director.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“After losing his little sister to an incurable disease, world-famous medical researcher Kanji Yakutani gave it his all to cure patients by dedicating his life to inventing new medicines. After working himself to death at the age of 31, the former pharmacist wakes up as a 10-year-old child whose body has been struck by lightning. He discovers that he has been reincarnated into a medieval world as Falma, a child of the respected De Médicis family.
In a world where divine arts—magic granted through blessings from guardian deities—exist, Falma realizes that his body is host to the guardian deity of medicine. The boy has been granted the mythical divine arts of creation and reduction as well as the ability to instantly diagnose illnesses in people’s bodies.
He soon discovers the terrible state of medicine in this world: only nobles are able to afford medical care, which is ineffective at best and detrimental at worst. Using modern knowledge and his divine powers, Falma gradually makes a name for himself as a pharmacist despite his young age, even earning the recognition of the imperial court. When he finally acquires a proper pharmacy of his own, he sets out to pursue his goal of improving healthcare in the San Fleuve Empire and making it accessible to all.”
Tatsuya Kato and Satoshi Hōno handle the music for the anime.