“It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?” Why not pawn a few golden rings, magic or otherwise, to pay for the new $208 Boromir figure from Asmus Collectibles? Do it for Frodo. Do it for Sean Bean!
Asmus will release a 12″ tall version of Boromir this January as he appeared in Peter Jackson’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The likeness to actor Sean Bean is … OK. However, the nose and the eyes look too narrow. Other than that, Asmus delivers another highly detailed figure with incredible tailoring. The addition of a diecast sword is a nice touch.
Asmus Toys doesn’t give us a lot of detail, and there are many odd spelling errors in the official description of Boromir’s action figure. Also, I wish the facial detail were more in line with what we saw from the Gandalf the White figure we covered last month.
The fallen son of Gondor comes with the following features and accessories:
- Super detailed head in super detail and likeness to the movie actor
- One pair of gloved fists
- One pair relax gesture gloved hand
- One pair of weapon-holding gesture, gloved hands
- One black inner shirt with chain-mail-like sleeve
- One patterned fleece cape
- One dark blue robe
- One pair of dark brown pants
- One plastic belt with a scabbard
- One pair of ankle-articulated boots
- One diecast alloy sword
- One diecast alloy dagger
- One shield
Poor Boromir. His heart was in the right place, but the Ring corrupts all who wield it, particularly the prideful. Regardless of his brief madness when demanding the Ring from Frodo, the son of Denethor redeemed himself by protecting his friends at Parth Galen.[Source: Asmus Toys]