In the beginning of March, the official Twitter account for Fullmetal Alchemist announced it was continuing the live action movie series with two sequels. The first movie opens in Japan on May 20th, while the second movie opens on June 24th. Now we have new visuals of some cast members who will be in these sequels.
The first sequel movie is called Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Avenger Scar (Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Kanketsu-hen – Fukushusha Scar). The second sequel movie is called Fullmetal Alchemist: Final Chapter – The Last Transmutation (Hagane no Renkijutsushi: Kanketsu-hen – Saigo no Rensei).
A trailer was released that has narration done by the original voice actress Romi Park, who voiced Edward Elric in the anime series.
Ryosuke Yamada (Edward Elric), Atomu Mizuishi (Alphonse Elric, voice and motion capture), Tsubasa Honda (Winry Rockbell), and Dean Fujioka (Roy Mustang), Misako Renbutsu (Riza Hawkeye), Kanata Hongou (Envy), Ryuta Sato (Maes Hughes), and Shinji Uchiyama (Gluttony) from the first movie are all returning to play their roles in the sequels. Fumihiko Sori is also returning as director.
These are a list of the new cast members:
- Mackenyu Arata as Scar
- Yuina Kuroshima as Lan Fan
- Keisuke Watanabe as Ling Yao
- Yuki Yamada as Solf J. Kimblee
- Hiroshi Tachi as King Bradley
- Kōji Yamamoto as Alex Louis Armstrong
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Olivier Mira Armstrong
- Seiyō Uchino as Van Hohenheim
- Yukie Nakama as Trisha Elric
- Jun Fubuki as Pinako Rockbell
- Naohito Fujiki as Yuriy Rockbell
- Kaoru Okunuki as Sarah Rockbell
- Kokoro Terada as Selim Bradley
- Long Meng Rou as May Chang
- Haruhi Ryо̄ga as Izumi Curtis
July 12 of this year will mark the 21st anniversary since Hiromu Arakawa’s manga series first began.