After securing the streaming license for several anime including ‘Vinland Saga’ and ‘Zom 100,’ Netflix continues nabbing several more Japanese animated series including the upcoming show ‘Good Night World.’
The anime is based on the 2015 manga created by Uru Okabe and published by the Tokyo-based publisher Shogakukan for their ‘Ura Sunday’ and on their online service ‘MangaONE.’ It follows a dysfunctional family who find new connections within an online game.
Netflix plans on releasing the show on October 12, 2023. It is directed by Katsuya Kikuchi and produced by the Japanese animation NAZ with Michiko Yokote handling the scripts. Rena Okuyama is handling the character designs while Takatsugu Wakabayashi is composing the music for the show.
You can watch the trailer below:
The series stars:
- Ichi/Taichiro Arima: Daisuke Hirose (Shoot! Goal to the Future)
- AAAAA/Asuma Arima: Nobunaga Shimazaki (SD Gundam Sangokuden Brave Battle Warriors)
- Shiro/Kojiro Arima: Akio Otsuka (Lupin the 3rd: Napoleon’s Dictionary)
- May/Miyabi Arima: Aya Endo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Space)
- Pico: Aoi Yuki (Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere)
- Leon: Ryohei Kimura (Boruto: Naruto Next Generations)
- Sasumata: Hiroki Nanami (Pretty Boy Detective Club)
- Shigatera: Kenjiro Tsuda (KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
- Hana Kamuro: Rie Takahashi (A Good Librarian Like a Good Shepherd)
- Aya Arima: Inori Minase (Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?)
Netflix describes the synopsis as follows,
“A shut-in older brother. A high-achieving younger brother. A father who is not respected by his own children.A mother who neglects her own household. This is a broken family, and none of its members know that they are all players in an online game.”
Okabe began writing a prequel manga series ‘Good Night World End’ that was launched in the online magazine ‘MangaONE’ on August 1st, 2023.
As of the writing of this article, there is no dub cast announced.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.