The Korean horror series ‘Squid Game’ is returning for a second season with a new list of competitors. The television show was praised by both audiences and critics when it arrived on Netflix in 2021. The plot followed a group of people who were gathered to play deadly games with the winner receiving riches while a wealthy elite watches.
Netflix announced the cast list for the upcoming season in a statement:
- Park Gyu-young: Well known for her role in Netflix series Sweet Home Seasons 1 and 2, she is also starring in the upcoming Netflix series Celebrity.
- Jo Yu-ri: The singer and actress is known as a former member of South Korean-Japanese girl group Iz*One.
- Kang Ae-sim: A highly respected theater and musical actress in Korea, her performance in TV series Be Melodramatic and Netflix series Move to Heaven left a deep impression on the audience.
- Lee David: Best known for his supporting roles in director Hwang’s film The Fortress, he met Lee Jung-jae through the film, Svaha: The Sixth Finger.
- Lee Jin-uk: Starred in Netflix series Sweet Home Seasons 1 and 2, he is also known for his roles in various Korean dramas and films, including in one of director Hwang’s biggest films, Miss Granny.
- Choi Seung-hyun: The singer and actor has starred in various Korean films and TV series such as Tazza: The Hidden Card and Commitment.
- Roh Jae-won: Making his acting debut in 2021, he is fast gaining recognition through films like Missing Yoon and Ditto.
- Won Ji-an: Made an impressive debut on the first season of Netflix series D.P.
Netflix also dropped a teaser announcement to explore the casting:
Series creator Hwang Dong-hyuk will return to write, direct, and produce the second season. Actor Lee Jung-jae who portrayed winner of the last round Seong Gi-hun will reprise the role. The South Korean entertainment company Firstman Studios will develop the series before it is released on Netflix.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.