The upcoming anime romantic comedy ‘More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers’ will be released on October 9th. It will adapt the manga created by Yūki Kanamaru that was serialized by the ‘Young Ace’ magazine of the Tokyo-based publisher Kadokawa Shoten since March 2018.
According to an Otaku USA Magazine article, the show is being produced by the Japanese animation studio Mother which tapped Takao Kato as the chief director and Junichi Yamamoto as the director. Naoko Akusawa is joining on as the art director with Chizuru Kobayashi handling the character designs.
They also released some first looks at the character designs:
You can watch the teaser trailer below:
The Japanese voice cast includes:
- Saori Ōnishi (Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend) as Akari Watanabe
- Seiichiro Yamashita (Girls Beyond the Wasteland) as Jirō Yakuin
- Saki Miyashita (After School Dice Club) as Shiori Sakurazaka
- Toshiki Masuda (Mobile Suit Gundam: Twilight Axis – Akaki Zan’ei) as Minami Tenjin
- Minami Takahashi (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou) as Sachi Takamiya
- Azumi Waki (Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World) as Natsumi Ōhashi
Wikipedia describes the synopsis as follows,
“High school student Jirō Yakuin has a crush on his childhood friend Shiori Sakurazaka, but the school has implemented a couples training program, which has the students develop social skills on interacting with a partner as if they were married, and they are judged heavily on how well they work together. Jiro is paired with Akari Watanabe, a gyaru who finds Jiro repulsive at first, but they agree to attain enough points so that they can switch partners to the people they really like.”
The anime is written by Naruhisa Arakawa with music from Yuri Habuka.
There is no update yet on when it will premier in North America or other markets.