We’re approaching the 30th anniversary of Superman’s return after his apparent death at the hands of Doomsday. The stunt to revitalize the comic book market certainly did its job. The Death of Superman was a major media event that ran from 1992 to 1993.
However, since the Man of Steel returned, a lot has changed. Collectibles are way more expensive! That’s not gonna change. If you want a 6″ tall figure commemorating Superman’s return, you’ll need to shell out $95 for Mezco‘s latest One:12 Collective addition.
Kent, in his black Recovery Suit, is set to arrive during Q1 2024. This version of Clark references how we saw him when he made his return during the tail end of the Reign of Supermen storyline. With long hair, a beard, and not up to his full strength, Superman has to rely on firearms and rocket boots to fight Hank Henshaw (AKA Cyborg Superman).
The Last Son of Krypton comes with several interchangeable hands, multiple portraits, and a torn cape to recreate the famous cover of Superman #75.
The resurrected Superman comes with the following:
- (4) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 16cm tall
- Twelve (12) interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
- One (1) pair of flying hands (L&R)
- Two (2) pairs of posing hands (L&R)
- Two (2) pair of holding hand (L&R)
- Fitted suit with ‘House of El’ family crest
- Ammunition bandolier with removable belts
- Thigh harness with weapon storage (removable)
- Thigh strap (removable)
- Knee-high boots
- Rocket boots (removable)
- One (1) pair of Eradicator glasses
- One (1) Cyborg Superman head
- One (1) tattered Superman cape (attaches to flagpole)
- One (1) flagpole (attaches to base)
- One (1) flagpole base
- Two (2) Kryptonian-issued weapons
- Two (2) rocket thruster FX
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
The last time we saw a Death of Superman figure was, again, Kal-El in his recovery suit but as a MAFX figure. Oddly, the One:12 Collective version is less expensive by almost $30![Source: Mezco]
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.