‘Masamune-kun’s Revenge’ was a romantic comedy manga that ran from 2012 to 2018. It was written by Hazuki Takeoka and released by the Japanese publisher Ichijinsha. After a six-year hiatus, the anime adaption from Tokyo-based animation studio Silver Link returned for a second season subtitled “R” in July 2023. Crunchyroll announced that they acquired the rights to release it in the United States and that they would produce an English dub.
Crunchyroll revealed the English voice actors on their website:
- Masamune voiced by Jessie James Grelle (Sadao in The Devil is a Part-Timer!)
- Aki voiced by Morgan Lauré (Hime in Kakushigoto)
- Yoshino voiced by Monica Rial (Uzaki in Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!)
- Neko voiced by Megan Shipman (Anya in SPY x FAMILY)
- Kojuurou voiced by Justin Briner (Ayanokoji in Classroom of the Elite)
- Tae voiced by Caitlin Glass (Shiho in Tomodachi Game)
- Gasou voiced by Ryan Reynolds (Kaoru in WONDER EGG PRIORITY)
- Kinue voiced by Natalie Rose (Fuuka in Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki)
- Chinatsu voiced by Skyler Davenport (Najiimi in Komi Can’t Communicate)
- Muriel Besso voiced by Reshel Mae (Goajun Xia in Raven of the Inner Palace)
- Franck Besson voiced by Derick Snow (Pince Konan in Tales of Zestiria the X)
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“When Masamune Makabe was a child, he was rejected by a rich, beautiful girl named Aki Adagaki, who gave him the nickname ”Piggy” for being overweight. Devastated, Masamune put great effort into working out to improve his appearance. Now a handsome yet narcissistic high school student, Masamune is determined to exact revenge—he will have Aki fall madly in love with him and ultimately reject her the next time they meet.
To his surprise, Masamune discovers he has transferred into Aki’s school. Setting his plan into motion, Masamune first begins to form a relationship with the ”Brutal Princess” but, despite his efforts, fails miserably at his initial attempts. Shockingly, when Masamune finally progresses towards his vengeance, he receives a mysterious letter addressing him by his old nickname. Unless Masamune discovers the sender’s identity, his plan is doomed before it even starts!”
The first season aired in 2017 for a run of twelve episodes and an OVA.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.