Why haven’t Transformers been a part of the LEGO line of connecting brick toys before? So it seems like a no-brainer to combine Hasbro/Takara Tomy’s Robots In Disguise franchise with LEGO. Better late than never, I guess.
The first Optimus Prime LEGO figure was recently announced, and the Autobot leader looks right at home with this new blocky look. The G1 version of Prime has all the hallmarks of both the original toy and the cartoon. Even his transformation into vehicle mode is pretty similar to how the first toy worked.
Optimus Prime will be over 13.5″ tall in robot mode and comes with his signature blaster, Energon cube, Matrix of Leadership, Energon ax, and jet pack. Unfortunately, he also comes with a hefty price tag: $169.99. Expect Prime to roll out on June 1st of this year.
Just like the beloved original, this Optimus Prime model converts from a robot to a truck and back again. Admire the 19 points of articulation in robot mode and open the chest chamber to store the Autobot Matrix of Leadership. Attach the jetpack in robot mode and place the ion blaster and Energon axe in the Autobot’s hands. Other authentic accessories include an Energon cube and optional waist panel. Add the plaque to display your passion for Transformers with pride.
- Build a Transformers icon – Enjoy quality time crafting all the details of this LEGO® Optimus Prime (10302) model
- Converts from robot to vehicle – Just like the much-loved original, this LEGO® Optimus Prime replica switches between a robot and a truck
- Authentic accessories – Relive Transformers sagas with accessories that include the ion blaster, Autobot Matrix of Leadership, an Energon axe, Energon cube and jetpack
- For Transformers fans – This LEGO® Optimus Prime collectible model is designed especially for adults looking for their next immersive project
- Display with pride – Includes a display plaque so you can pay tribute to your passion for Transformers
- 19 points of articulation – Explore all of Optimus Prime’s movements. Open the chest chamber to store the Autobot Matrix of Leadership
- Dimensions – In truck mode, the model measures over 5.5 in. (15 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) long and 4.5 in. (12 cm) wide. In robot mode, the model stands over 13.5 in. (35 cm) tall