The animation studio J.C. Staff is bringing us the second part of the fourth season of its fantasy anime ‘Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon.’ Also known as ‘DanMachi IV Cour 2: The Calamity Arc,’ the series is based on a series of light novels written by Fujino Ōmori, illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda, and published by SB Creative.
Directed by Hideki Tachibana, the series has been airing since 2015 and has received a North American release on HiDive from Sentai Filmworks, who announced that they would continue dubbing the animated series.
HiDive revealed the English cast on their website:
- Bell Cranel – Bryson Baugus
- Ryu Lion – Genevieve Simmons
- Liliruca Arde – Hilary Haag
- Welf Crozzo – David Wald
- Yamato Mikoto – Margaret Lewis
- Haruhime – Allison Sumrall
- Aisha Belka – Joanne Bonasso
- Cassandra Ilion – Alicia Beard
- Daphne Lauros – Elissa Cuellar
- Kashima Ouka – Jack Ivy
- Hitaki Chigusa – Kara Greenberg
- Bors Elder – Josh Morrison
- Alise Lovell – Donna Bella Litton
- Gojouno Kaguya – Alyssa Marek
- Lyra – Chaney Moore
- Celty Srowa – Natalie Jones
- Tsubaki Collbrande – Patricia Duran
- Anya Fromel – Carolyn Medrano
- Chloe Rollo – Kelly Manison
- Lunor Faust – Kara Greenberg
- Hestia – Luci Christian
- Uranus – Marty Fleck
- Hephaistos – Stephanie Wittels
- Fels – David Matranga
- Ais Wallenstein – Shelley Calene-Black
- Luvis Lilix – Camryn Nunley
- Dormul Bolster – Jack Stansbury
Kyle Colby Jones acts as the director for this season.
You can watch the trailer below:
AniTrends describes the synopsis as follows,
“Orario, the Labyrinth City — An enormous city that harbors a vast underground labyrinth known as the “Dungeon.” It is here that a young boy who aspired to become an adventurer met a tiny goddess, made friends, challenged the Dungeon, and narrowly escaped death on several occasions, all while leveling up his skills. That very same boy receives a letter. It contains a mission– an expedition into the Dungeon, deeper than he’s ever gone before. Facing uncharted territory, the boy sets out alongside his friends on a brand new journey.
This is the story of a boy as told by a goddess– a ‘Familia Myth.'”
Square Enix releases a manga version of the series with Yen Press bringing it to the United States.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.