When I heard that a Neo figure was coming out, I thought, “It totally has to be Neo from one of the first three movies; that’ll make for a cool display piece.” Then I saw the photos, and the title The Matrix: Resurrections was stamped on them. Oh. It’s that Neo for that movie.
I will not knock Keanu Reeves or the artists at Hot Toys. They do fantastic work. But I cannot think of anything from Resurrections that I’d want to recreate on my shelf full of collectibles. You could make a few changes, which would make for a great John Wick figure.
Neo can be pre-ordered from Sideshow Collectibles for $250. The Chosen One is really light on accessories. He comes with a bullet effect wall with bullets. He has interchangeable hands and a bottle of pills. Not the most exciting stuff compared to everything that happened in the original Matrix trilogy.
Faithfully crafted based on the appearance of Keanu Reeves as Neo in The Matrix Resurrections, the figure features a newly developed head sculpt and hair sculpture highlighting impressive likeness; the iconic long coat and form-fitting outfit with fine tailoring; an array of highly-detailed accessories including a pair of sunglasses, a bottle of pills, bullets with interchangeable waves effect, two-sided backdrop with mirror and frame, a Matrix video game themed backdrop with lenticular effect, interchangeable hands with blue pills and red pills, and a figure stand.
Neo comes with the following features and accessories:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Keanu Reeves as Neo in The Matrix Resurrections
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt
- Movie-accurate facial expression with sculpted hair, beard, and detailed skin texture
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Specialized body with over 30 points of articulations
- Nine (9) pieces of interchangeable hands, including:
- One (1) pair of open hands
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) gestured right hand
- One (1) left hand with blue pill
- One (1) left hand with red pill
- One (1) pair of fists
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) black color long coat
- One (1) black color long-sleeve T-shirt
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) pair of black shoes
- One (1) pair of black sunglasses
- One (1) bottle of pills
- One (1) set of bullets
- One (1) set of bullets with two (2) styles of interchangeable trail of waves effect
- One (1) specially designed mirror double-sided backdrop
- One (1) movie-inspired Matrix-themed green backdrop
- Specially designed figure base with movie logo and character nameplate
Was The Matrix: Resurrections worthy of Hot Toys’ artistry? I cannot remember anything about the movie aside from it trying way too hard to be meta. It was the culmination of all Hollywood’s cynicism turned up to 11 and plopped out onto a streaming service. Let us know your thoughts on the unnecessary sequel and the Neo figure below.
[Source: Hot Toys] [Source: Sideshow Collectibles]