Some good news for Half-Life: Alyx fans and even better news for those who dislike Denuvo infesting Resident Evil Village! Unfortunately, none of these stories have anything to do with an interactive VR version of Lady Dimitrescu.
On the virtual reality front, Valve’s latest Half-Life game now has a mod that allows you to play the entire game without a VR headset. In a story from GameStop, we learned that the NoVR mod turns the well-received game into more of a regular first-person shooter.
The mod can be found over at ModDB. In place of the standard VR controls, the mod allows most interactive objects to be manipulated with a typical button press, usually the ‘E’ key. Check out the Half-Life: Alyx “NoVR” FAQ to see if you’d like to try this.
If you’re a completionist, there is a list of achievements that cannot be earned if using this mod:
- Dead Giveaway – Loot a corpse
- Up in Arms – Install your first pistol upgrade
- Freshly Squeezed – Test your grip on a headcrab heart
- Zombie with a Shotgun – Collect the shotgun
- Deadliest Catch – Use the gravity gloves to intercept an incoming enemy grenade in mid-flight
- Combine Harvester – Use the gravity gloves to loot an item off a living Combine soldier
- Safe Trip – Use the multitool to hack a tripmine
- Hold Your Liquor – Catch a bottle falling out of a cupboard before it breaks and alerts Jeff
- Gnome Vault of My Own – Bring a garden gnome with you to the Vault
In other news, Denuvo is finally being removed from Resident Evil Village. We learned about this via PC Mag, as the change comes almost two years after the sequel launched. The anti-piracy DRM program had a workaround available not long after the Resident Evil game was released. However, Capcom refused to remove the alleged malware until now.
I wonder if the same fate awaits the Resident Evil 4 remake. Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.[Source: PC Mag] [Source: GameSpot] [Source: ModDB]
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.