‘Love After World Domination’ is a superhero romantic comedy manga written by Hiroshi Noda and illustrated by Takahiro Wakamatsu for Kodansha. The series got picked up as anime in April 2022 by the Japanese animation studio Project No.9 with Crunchyroll announcing they had acquired the rights to do an English dub.
The streaming app revealed the cast list on their website:
- Anthony DiMascio (To Handa in The Vampire Dies in No Time) as Fudo (Red Gelato)
- Lindsay Seidel (Nejire Hado in My Hero Academia) as Desumi (Reaper Princess)
- Morgan Lauré (Kurenai in DECA-DENCE) as Misaki (Yellow Gelato)
- Nazeeh Tarsha (Ard in The Greatest Demon Lord is Reborn as a Typical Nobody) as Hayato (Blue Gelato)
- Macy Anne Johnson (Marusan in SSSS.GRIDMAN) as Haru (Pink Gelato)
- Jason Lord as Daigo (Green Gelato)
- Charlie Campbell (Fujitora in One Piece) as Professor Big Gelato
- Cris George (Rikido Sato in My Hero Academia) as Culverin Bear
- Monty Thompson as Narrator
Jad Saxton serves as the ADR director for the show.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows:
“In the eyes of the public, Fudou Aikawa and Desumi Magahara are sworn enemies who have nothing in common. Fudou, also known as “Red Gelato,” is the leader of the hero squadron “Gelato 5,” whose mission is to bring about world peace. On the other hand, Desumi is the minion leader of “Gecko,” a villainous organization seeking world domination. However, despite these differences, their relationship is not quite what it seems. When they are not making a show of being at each other’s throats, Desumi and Fudou continue to pursue a forbidden love.
Going on dates, baking sweets for one another, and meeting up as often as they can despite their hectic schedules, the two inexperienced lovebirds pave the way for their own unique relationship. Though their public lives are worlds apart, Fudou and Desumi will stop at nothing to make their seemingly impossible romance work.”
Satoshi Hōno and Ryūnosuke Kasai handle the music for the series with Satoru Sugizawa serving as the writer.