After a six-year hiatus, ‘The Ancient Magus’ Bride’ returned for a second season in April 2023 directed by Kazuaki Terasawa with Studio Kafka taking over production. Crunchyroll announced that, along with the first season and the OVAs, they would stream the new episodes along with producing an English dub.
Crunchyroll revealed that Dani Chambers would return as the protagonist Chise along with co-star Brian Mathis as Elias. Cris George has joined the project as the ADR Director.
Anime News Network listed the rest of the English cast:
- Austin Tindle (Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan) as Ruth
- Jarrod Greene (Ace Attorney, Fairy Tail) as Mikhail Renfred
- Jennifer Green (Tales of Zestiria the X, Yona of the Dawn) as Alice Swayne
- Rachel Glass (Azur Lane, Black Clover) as Silky
- Sarah Roach (Back Arrow, Dr. Stone) as Lucy Webster
- Seth Magill (Arifureta – From Commonplace to World’s Strongest, Gosick) as Adolf Stroud
- Josh Grelle (Psycho-Pass, Princess Jellyfish) as Joseph/Cartaphilus
- Natalie Van Sistine (Spy x Family, Scarlet Nexus) as Alexandra Heath
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Chise was able to accept Elias and herself, if not necessarily everything about her situation. After Cartaphilus fell back into a slumber that would not last forever, Chise was able to go back to her regular life. Then she receives an invitation from a mutual aid organization for mages called the College.
Under the British Library exists a secret society of mages. Encounters and interactions with people are about to open some new doors. This is a story about saving yourself to save another.”
The first season was directed by Norihiro Naganuma and produced by Wit Studio.
Prior to the anime, Wit Studio released the three-part OVA ‘The Ancient Magus Bride: Those Awaiting a Star’ in 2016. It was directed by Norihiro Naganuma and music composed by Junichi Matsumoto.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.