Barbie is asking the critical question. Is there “Life on Mars?” She’s also dressed appropriately for that enigma, donning David Bowie’s powder-blue suit and scarlet hair. There’s so much glam in this doll that even I may pick her up. Does this mean a Goblin King version of the legendary Barbie could be on the way? Mattel recently announced that Barbie would be honoring the Thin White Duke again. Last time it was Ziggy Stardust, this time, it’s his look from the Life on Mars music video.
This Barbie will go for $55, but she’s already sold out at stores like Target and Walmart.
Barbie introduces a second collectible doll honoring the ultimate pop chameleon, David Bowie. With a career spanning over five decades, David Bowie continues to be recognized as a cultural vanguard for his contributions to music, art, fashion and film. To commemorate the 50th anniversary of his album, Hunky Dory, Barbie doll wears an authentic replica of the bespoke powder-blue suit Bowie wore in the “Life on Mars?” music video, a foil-printed pin-stripe shirt, statement tie and platform shoes.
Barbie Bowie will come with the following:
- Barbie introduces a second collectible doll honoring the ultimate pop chameleon, David Bowie.
- David Bowie Barbie doll is fully posable and comes dressed in an authentic replica of the powder-blue suit Bowie wore in the “Life on Mars?” music video.
- Iconic details include a foil-printed pin-stripe shirt, statement tie, and platform shoes.
- Bold blue eyeshadow and a hairstyle inspired by Bowie’s ‘70s glam era complete the look.
- In displayable packaging, this collectible David Bowie Barbie doll makes a great gift for Bowie and Barbie fans alike.
This is the second time Barbie has honored Bowie. The previously released Barbie Bowie doll is currently going for $200+ on Amazon. Personally, I think the Hunky Dory Bowie doll looks much better than the Ziggy Stardust version. What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below.