McFarlane Toys is releasing four figures to launch the company’s line of Witcher action figures. Set to come out this December, these toys will be based on the Netflix adaptation rather than the books or video games. The first series will consist of Geralt, the Kikimora, Jaskier, and a Geralt during the Kikimora battle.
However, if I’d not seen Henry Cavill in the role, I would not have a clue as two who this is supposed to be. Look at that guy’s face!
See what I mean? He looks a little doughy. Jaskier seems alright, but he is giving me severe Matthew Perry vibes. The Kikimora is somewhat cool, though.
I spotted Geralt for pre-order over at GameStop for $29.99. Considering that this figure looks kinda like a bootleg, I was expecting a much lower asking price. Is this because of inflation or licensing? Who knows?
For that price, you’ll get a figure with the following features:
- Incredibly detailed 7″ scale figure based off The Witcher on Netflix
- Figure features Geralt in his Season 1 armor
- Designed with Ultra Articulation with up to 22 moving parts for full range of posing
- Includes Geralt’s steel sword, fabric cloak that can fit on the figure, and a base
- Figure is showcased in The Witcher themed window box packaging
- Collect all Additional McFarlane Toys The Witcher Figures
Honestly, I’d rather see NECA handle this license. The price would probably be the same, but the outcome of the face sculpts would probably be superior. If this line gets a second series, I hope Ciri and Yennefer fare better in the looks department.
What are your thoughts on Geralt’s mug? Does he look like Henry Cavill, or is this Geralt of Rivia look like Brutus the Barber Beefcake with a wig on? Let us know in the comments.
[Source: McFarlane Toys]