‘KamiKatsu: Working for God in a Godless World’ is a fantasy isekai anime released in 2023 by the Japanese animation Studio Palette and director Yuki Inaba. Crunchyroll announced that they had acquired the license to premiere it on their streaming service and that they are producing an English dubbed version.
Crunchyroll made the voice actor announcements on their website:
- Yukito voiced by Austin Tindle (Knives in TRIGUN STAMPEDE)
- Mitama voiced by Sarah Wiedenheft (Power in Chainsaw Man)
- Roy voiced by Travis Mullenix (Saybil in The Dawn of the Witch)
- Alural voiced by Bryn Apprill (Kei in Classroom of the Elite)
- Siluril voiced by Lindsay Seidel (Desumi in Love After World Domination)
- Bertrand voiced by Bradley Gareth (Guel in Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury)
- Clen voiced by Meli Grant (Narrator in The Duke of Death and His Maid)
- Ricky voiced by Alex Hom (Kunigami in BLUELOCK)
- Soichiro voiced by Christopher Guerrero (Ainz in Overlord)
Jerry Jewell will be the ADR Director and Leah Clark will be handling the scripts with ADR Script Supervisor Tyler Walker.
You can watch the trailer below:
MyAnimeList describes the synopsis as follows,
“Yukito’s parents are the leaders of a cult. After he gets sacrificed, he gets reincarnated into another world where religion doesn’t exist and porn books are akin to a child’s doodles. He finds that it’s also a world where your life and death is decided by the country. While obstructing his friend’s execution, both of them lose their lives. Just at that moment, the god of his religion comes to their world and revives them.”
The anime is based on a manga series written by Aoi Akashiro, illustrated by Sonshō Hangetsuban, and published by Hero’s Inc. since 2020. It has a spin-off series titled ‘What My Older Sister Does in a World Without Gods’ which is written by Shinya Murata with oversight from Akshiro and illustrated by Tokisada Hayami. Both are currently serialized in the ‘Comiplex’ magazine.
ClownfishTV.com strives to be an apolitical, balanced and based pop culture news outlet. However, our contributors are entitled to their individual opinions. Author opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of our video hosts, other site contributors, site editors, affiliates, sponsors or advertisers. This website contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. We disclaim products or services we have received for review purposes, as well as sponsored posts.